| $ 275Sailaway | Low Island & Sunset Cruise
Special Expires 23 Aug 2030
About Sailaway | Low Island & Sunset Tour
LOW ISLES – AFTERNOON SUNSET TOUR
- Idyllic Coral Cay Island and Sunset
- Departs 1.00pm – 6.30pm
- Adults only (minimum age 13)
Enjoy a later start to your day with a relaxed experience of the Great Barrier Reef with a snorkelling and sailing tour to Low Isles. Enjoy the island during the quiet time of day with a guided snorkel tour over the beautiful coral gardens by a marine biologist and swim with turtles in their natural habitat. Continue to enjoy your afternoon on the glass bottom boat with an interesting reef talk by our skipper and join our experienced guide to explore the history and nature of Low Isles with an Island Heritage Walk.
Enjoy delicious light lunch, afternoon tea and a selection of canapes. Beverages are also included to top off the day. As the sun sets, enjoy the thrill of pure sailing on Sailaway V, a luxury Lagoon 500 sailing catamaran, with ambiant music and spectacular mountain views of the Daintree Rainforst. This tour exclusively caters to adults and with a small number of guests, ensures personal attention and 1st class service.
INCLUDED IN YOUR CRUISE
- Courtesy coach transfers in Port Douglas area
- Tea and coffee with light lunch on arrival.
- All beverages included (Choice of beer, wine or sparkling wine)
- Snorkelling equipment & optical masks
- Seasonal lycra snorkelling suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
- Low Isles Heritage Walk
- 2.5 hours at Tropical Low Isles
- Afternoon tea and coffee with fresh homemade scones & fruit platter
- A delicious selection of canapés
- Spectacular Sunset Sail over the coral sea & views of the Daintree mountains
- The experience of sailing on board a luxury sailing catamaran
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
LOW ISLES AFTERNOON SUNSET TOUR ITINERARY
12.30pm: Check in Sailaway office
Tea & Coffee with Muffins and sandwiches on arrival
Welcome & Safety briefing
1.00pm: Set sail. Depart Port Douglas
Sailing to Low Isles
2.30pm: Arrive at Low Isles
Snorkel safety briefing
2.45pm: Transfer to beach
Choice of Activities:
- Swim and Snorkel over the coral gardens
- Guided Snorkel Tour by Marine Biologist
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour & Reef Interpretation
- Heritage Walk on the Island
- Bird Watching
- Relax under a coconut palm tree on the beach
- Enjoy prime quiet time on the island
5.00pm: Transfer back to Sailaway V
Afternoon tea & coffee with fresh scones/jam/cream
5.15pm: Set sail. Depart Low Isles
Sailing back to Port
5.20pm: Complimentary Sundowners served
(A selection of beer, wine & Champagne)
6.30pm: Arrive Port Douglas
SAILAWAY SUNSET SAIL TOUR
- Pure Sailing
- Great Ambiance
- Stunning Views
- Departs 5.00pm – 6.30pm
- Adults only (minimum age 13)
Enjoy the thrill of pure sailing! A “must do” when visiting Port Douglas is to relax with a Sunset Sail on board a first class sailing catamaran.
Soak up the peace and tranquillity of a tropical sunset over the Coral Sea as you sail along the coast off Port Douglas. Take in the ambient music, relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the spectacular mountain views while enjoying a welcome drink and delicious canapés. Catered to adults only.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR
- A welcome drink of wine, sparkling wine, beer, cider or soft drink
- Sailaway is a fully licensed premises, additional drinks available on board
- A selection of delicious Hot/Cold canapés & first class service
SAILAWAY SUNSET SAIL TOUR ITINERARY
4.30pm: Check in Sailaway office
Welcome beverage and canapés served
5.00pm: Set sail. Depart Port Douglas
Enjoy pure sailing
Great Ambiance and music
6.30pm: Arrive Port Douglas
WHAT TO BRING
- Beach towel
- Light jumper in cooler seasons
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
- Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
- Cash at check-in for the Environment Management Charge – see your confirmation document for details
- For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it
LOW ISLES – AN IDYLLIC CORAL CAY ISLAND
Low Isles is an idyllic Coral Cay island. The reef around Low Isles comprises of 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals. Living amongst the corals in the blue lagoon are a large variety of reef fish including angle fish, damsel fish, anemones, giant trevally, sweetlip, fusiliers and many green turtles are sighted daily.
A number of bird species reside on the island. You may encounter pelicans, honey-eaters, white-breasted wood shallows, mangrove kingfishers, reef egrets and with eagles and ospreys wheeling overhead.
This beautiful island is steeped in history. The lighthouse was built in 1878 and was staffed by lighthouse keepers until it became automated in 1993. Weather data has been collected on the island since 1887 and scientific associations date back to 1928 when it was the base for a yearlong scientific survey which studied the structure and ecology of the surrounding reef. This was this first detailed study or a coral reef anywhere in the world and many current theories or coral reef are based on the findings of this expedition.
Guests of Sailaway have the opportunity to snorkel in the lagoon of the island with our marine biologist who guide them on an interesting and informative Guided snorkel tour.
SAILAWAY VI LAGOON 560 CATAMARAN
This vessel is a high performance luxury sailing catamaran. With plenty of room on board, guests can relax on the upstairs bridge area and chat with the Skipper, or laze on the foredecks and enjoy the splash of the waves and wind. Inside, the cabin is air conditioned with a large under cover outdoor saloon area.
Take time to relax – Enjoy 1st class service!
Sailaway | Low Island & Sunset Tour Reviews
Sailaway | Low Island & Sunset Tour
Check in Sailaway office at Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas.