| $ 278Sailaway Mackay & Undine Coral Cay Reef Tour
Special Expires 20 Aug 2030
About Sailaway | Great Barrier Reef Experience
Sailaway visits Mackay & Undine Coral Cays
Sailaway is the only operator from Port Douglas who has access to visit Mackay and Undine Cays. The Coral Cays are pure white sand surrounded by a large fringing reef system and crystal clear water.
Our exclusive reef sites showcase abundant marine life, including encounters with turtles and an amazing display of giant clam gardens. Exploring the white sands of the coral cays will relax the mind. Soak up the sun, peace and tranquility and swim in turquoise clear waters.
A tropical buffet lunch, morning and afternoon teas & coffees, supplied by local plantations, will complement a day of adventure and relaxation. Expert guiding and 1st class service are all included from helpful, friendly crew.
Sailaway Departs Port Douglas Daily
- Departs 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Suitable for all ages
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Sailaway.
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
Special Child & Family Rates
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 14 years) 30% Off
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child 50% Off
Sailaway VII is a stunning 25m sailing to the Outer Barrier Reef. This is the most sustainable and comfortable way to visit the reef. Sail along the coastline with views of the Daintree Rainforest, past Snapper Island before heading to the Outer Reef.
Nature activities include snorkelling over the pristine coral reef on our guided snorkel tour, enjoy a glass bottom boat for extra viewing and visit a spectacular Coral Cay.
Enjoy Aqua marine water and stunning views. Our delicious lunch, morning and afternoon teas will compliment a day of adventure and relaxation.
Included in your Cruise
- Courtesy coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- Afternoon tea and coffee, cakes & fresh fruit platter (Using local produce Daintree Tea and Jaques Coffee)
- Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment, optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits, wet suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation talk
- Explore the pristine coral cays
- 4.5 hours at unspoilt location on the Outer Barrier Reef
- The experience of sailing on board the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway VII
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
Mackay & Undine Coral Cays
Situated approximately 28 miles north of Port Douglas, these two Outer Reef Locations are simply stunning. The Coral Cays are pure white sand surrounded by a large fringing reef system and crystal clear water. The vessel moors on the sheltered side of the reef for protection and easy snorkelling.
The reef is vast with unlimited options for exploring the shallow coral gardens. You will see an amazing display of Giant clams. These beautiful clams are scattered all over the reef top, some up to 1.5 meters in length being almost 80 years old. The colours are incredible.
The reef is alive with a large variety of reef fish such as parrot fish, angle fish, sharks, anthias, Moori Wrasse, butterfly fish, coral trout, and anemone fish hiding in their colourful anemones’.
Green Turtles are abundant and sighted daily. The turtles are beautiful gentle creatures and if you keep your distance, they will happily continue to feed and rest while you watch.
The coral gardens are alive with plate corals, staghorn corals, boulder corals, soft sponges and anemones.
Snorkelling is conducted off the back of the vessel and you find yourself right on top of the coral gardens.
To participate in snorkelling you must have sound swimming ability. The snorkelling area is shallow so you can see the corals and fish easily, but you are unable to stand so you must be able to swim.
Our experienced guides can teach you the correct use of equipment and snorkelling techniques.
Your Day on Sailaway
7.30am: Check in to Sailaway office at the marina
Pay Environment Management Charge
7.45am: Board Sailaway VII – Berth D6
Tea & Coffee with Muffins and pastries on arrival
Welcome & Safety briefing
8.00am: Depart Port Douglas. Set sail.
Sailing to Mackay Cay Outer Barrier Reef
Reef Interpretation Talk by Marine BiologistSet sail from Port Douglas, sailing to Mackay Cay Outer Barrier Reef.
10.15am: Arrive at protected mooring at Mackay/Undine Cay – 1st Reef site
Snorkel safety briefing, distribution of snorkel equipment
Nature Activities commence:
- Snorkel over the coral gardens
- Guided Snorkel Tour by Marine Biologist
- Transfer to the coral cay for exploring
- Relax and swim
- Glass Bottom Boat tour
12.45pm : Serve Tropical Buffet Lunch on board
Move to 2nd reef site
After lunch, Nature Activities resume
Continue free time snorkelling
2.15pm: Afternoon Tea & Coffee, cakes and fresh fruit platter
2.30pm : Depart Mackay/Undine Cay. Set sail to Port Douglas
Relax on board
5.00pm: Arrive Port Douglas
Coach transfer to Port Douglas accommodation
The Sailaway Menu
- Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Freshly baked apple & cinnamon muffins
- Freshly baked Danish Pastries
- Cold Meats & Seafood
- Medium Rare Peppered Roast Beef slices
- Sliced Champagne Ham
- Sliced tandoori Chicken breast
- Tiger Prawns w/ Lemon & Cocktail sauce
- New potato salad w/ chopped eggs, spring onions & a sour cream & Parmesan mayo
- Mixed Leaf Salad w/ tomato, capsicum, cucumber & a balsamic & virgin olive oil dressing
- Asian noodle Salad
- Fresh fruit
- Watermelon, Honeydew melon, Rockmelon, Pineapple & Oranges
- Freshly baked assorted bread rolls w/ butter portions
- Pesto Mayo, Mustard, Sweet Chilli, Chutney
Freshly brewed Jaques Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Mississippi mud cake
- Honey nougat slice
sailaway offers a fully Licenced bar on board with a selection of beverages for sale
What to Bring
- Beach towel
Sailaway | Great Barrier Reef Experience Reviews
Tina Gonsalves Wild
Michelle Elizabeth Churchill
Sailaway | Great Barrier Reef Experience
Check in to Sailaway office at the marina. Vessel departs Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas at 8.00am, returns at 5.00pm