| $ 275Sailaway | Low Island Day Trip
Special Expires 20 Aug 2030
About Sailaway | Low Isles Full Day Tour
LOW ISLES – FULL DAY TOUR
- Idyllic Coral Cay Island
- Departs 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Suitable for all ages
Enjoy a full day experience of the Great Barrier Reef with a snorkelling and sailing tour to Low Isles. Relax on the white sandy beach of the island, snorkel over the magnificent coral gardens in the blue lagoon on a guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist and swim with turtles in their natural habitat. Enjoy a trip on the glass bottom boat with reef interpretation by our skipper, and explore the nature and history of Low Isles on an Island Heritage Walk with our expert guides.
Enjoy delicious morning and afternoon teas and a buffet lunch and the thrill of pure sailing on Sailaway VI, a luxury Lagoon 560 sailing catamaran. Sailaway is perfect for the discerning traveller looking for a unique, special reef and island experience with a small group of likeminded people. Ideal for couples and families.
INCLUDED IN YOUR CRUISE
- Courtesy coach transfers in Port Douglas area
- Morning tea upon boarding and afternoon tea and coffee with muffins and pastries
- Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
- Low Isles Heritage Walk
- Five hours at Tropical Low Isles
- The experience of sailing on board a luxury sailing catamaran
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
8.00am: Check in at Sailaway office in the marina
Complimentary tea and coffee on arrival vessel. Safety briefing
8.30am: Set sail. Depart Port Douglas
Sailing to Low Isles
9.30am: Arrive at Low Isles
Snorkel safety briefing
9.45am: Glass Bottom Tour transfer to beach
- Swim and Snorkel
- Guided Snorkel Tour by Marine Biologist
- Heritage Walk on the Island
- Relax under a coconut palm tree on the beach
12.30pm: Transfer back to Sailaway VI
Gourmet Buffet lunch is served
1.30pm – 2.30pm: Activities recommence:
- Relax on board Sailaway VI, soak up the sun
- Snorkel off the back of the boat
- Join Skipper for Guided Glass Bottom Boat Tour
2.00pm: Afternoon tea and coffee with homemade cakes
2.30pm: Set sail. Depart Low Isles
Sailing back to Port
4.00pm: Arrive Port Douglas
WHAT TO BRING
- Beach towel
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
- Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
- At check-in for the Environment Management Charge -see your confirmation document for details
- For onboard purchases of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks/juices
- For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it
LOW ISLES – AN IDYLLIC CORAL CAY ISLAND
Low Isles is an idyllic Coral Cay island. The reef around Low Isles comprises of 150 species of hard corals and is dominated by 15 species of soft corals. Living amongst the corals in the blue lagoon are a large variety of reef fish including angle fish, damsel fish, anemones, giant trevally, sweetlip, fusiliers and many green turtles are sighted daily.
A number of bird species reside on the island. You may encounter pelicans, honey-eaters, white-breasted wood shallows, mangrove kingfishers, reef egrets and with eagles and ospreys wheeling overhead.
This beautiful island is steeped in history. The lighthouse was built in 1878 and was staffed by lighthouse keepers until it became automated in 1993. Weather data has been collected on the island since 1887 and scientific associations date back to 1928 when it was the base for a yearlong scientific survey which studied the structure and ecology of the surrounding reef. This was this first detailed study or a coral reef anywhere in the world and many current theories or coral reef are based on the findings of this expedition.
Guests of Sailaway have the opportunity to snorkel in the lagoon of the island with our marine biologist who guide them on an interesting and informative Guided snorkel tour.
SAILAWAY VI – LAGOON 560 CATAMARAN
This vessel is a high end luxury, high performance sailing catamaran. With plenty of room on board, guests can relax on the upstairs flybridge and chat with the Skipper, or laze on the foredecks and enjoy the splash of the waves and wind. Inside, the cabin is air conditioned with a large under cover outdoor saloon area.
Operated primarily by wind power, this is the most sustainable and environmentally friendly way to travel to the Great Barrier Reef.
Sailaway | Low Isles Full Day Tour Reviews
Sailaway | Low Isles Full Day Tour
Check in at Sailaway office in the marina. Vessel departs Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas at 8.30am, returns at 4.00pm.